3.5 million masks will be produced and distributed for free to the public
The State Minister for Agro-Processing and Pharmaceutical Sector, Teka G. Yesus, said two months' salary will be paid to 12,000 workers employed in 36 selected textile and garment factories. The fund is donated by GIZ.
He added that 150 masks is expected to be produced by every employee in a month, and 3.5 million face masks will be distributed freely to low-income status Ethiopians.
The state minister added that, the private sector should work co-operatively, with the support of development partners to boost production& productivity of the manufacturing sector to the level of the expectation of the government.
Director of the Textile and Leather Directorate, Zerihun Abebe, on his part said a training, monitoring and supporting manual has been prepared to implement the GIZ support effectively.
- Leaders and staff of the Ministry of Trade and Industry showed their support for the Ethiopian Defense Forces by donating blood.
- 3.5 million masks will be produced and distributed for free to the public
- Trade white pigeon pea only through Ethiopia Commodity Exchange
- The second integrated agro-industrial parks (IAIPs) project steering committee meeting held at Elilly Hotel.
- work is underway to increase the contribution of our country's salt production to the country's development
- Women's participation needs to be strengthened to achieve sustainable economic growth
- In the next ten years, it is planned to earn 9 billion US dollars from the trade and manufacturing industry
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is holding a 10-year master plan with the leadership of the Ministry in Debre Berhan
- Mr. Melaku Alebel Received African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia announced that the post-production market can be considered as an opportunity for the manufacturing sector.
- The Ministry held a discussion on export trade
- Covid-19 related PPE has been donated to MOTI.
- Manufacturing industry owners should provide the foreign exchange information they generate after production.
- Work is underway to improve the business system to increase the contribution of the sector in the country’s development.
- Three vanities of beans & pigeon products will be included in the mandatory trading system starting from next September
- Two million quintals of sugar is being imported
- Basic food items are allowed to enter the country duty-free
- It’s planned to earn 3.91 Billion Dollar from Export Trade
- The government's import of palm oil will be partially produced locally from next year
- Price of petroleum products except plane fuel will remain the same.