The Ministry held a discussion on export trade
Ministry of trade and industry held a discussion on export trade with manufacturers and exporters on 30 September 2020 at the Intercontinental Addis hotel.
The export trade report and the Ethiopian commodity exchange/ECX/ reform were the major contents of the discussion.
During the discussion, Ambassador Misiganu Arga, State minister for trade promotion said that the export commodities contract management system that has been implemented by Ethiopian commodity exchange to narrow the imbalance of import and export trade is effective.
Ato Melaku Alebel, minister for the ministry of trade and industry on his part said that activities will be done to improve export products in quality, quantity, kind and also to develop the competitiveness of the exports and ECX platform.
- The second integrated agro-industrial parks (IAIPs) project steering committee meeting held at Elilly Hotel.
- work is underway to increase the contribution of our country's salt production to the country's development
- Women's participation needs to be strengthened to achieve sustainable economic growth
- In the next ten years, it is planned to earn 9 billion US dollars from the trade and manufacturing industry
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is holding a 10-year master plan with the leadership of the Ministry in Debre Berhan
- Mr. Melaku Alebel Received African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia announced that the post-production market can be considered as an opportunity for the manufacturing sector.
- The Ministry held a discussion on export trade
- Covid-19 related PPE has been donated to MOTI.
- Manufacturing industry owners should provide the foreign exchange information they generate after production.
- Work is underway to improve the business system to increase the contribution of the sector in the country’s development.
- Three vanities of beans & pigeon products will be included in the mandatory trading system starting from next September
- Two million quintals of sugar is being imported
- Basic food items are allowed to enter the country duty-free
- It’s planned to earn 3.91 Billion Dollar from Export Trade
- The government's import of palm oil will be partially produced locally from next year
- Price of petroleum products except plane fuel will remain the same.
- Ethiopian Commodity Exchange launches coffee sample display
- Work is underway to address cement shortages
- Netherland leads the Ethiopian export trade
— 20 Items per Page