Consumers and business community should stand with the government to prevent inflation.
Related to the enforcement of the rule of law in the country, ministry of trade and industry developed a plan to work on the prevention of inflation in the market. Mr. Melaku Alebel, minister for MOTI said that alleviating export related problems, maximizing the export earning of the country, increasing production and improving supply chain management, securing the local and export market are center of attention for the ministry.
In the past four months, MOTI was planned to gain 1.7 billion USD from different export goods and secured 1.1 billion (92%) USD. Besides more than 4 million quintals of sugar and 392 million liters of edible oil imported and distributed to stabilize the local market.
To prevent inflation, works are under way; regulating some basic controlled commodities that have a great impact on the market, product maximization and taking measures on those who are engaging in artificial price escalation mentioned Mr. Melaku.The responsibility of enforcing the law is not left to the government only, but also consumers & business community should fight against illegal trade practice he added.
- Agreement reached to increase trade between Ethiopia and Turkey to one billion dollars
- The ministry and the Addis Ababa City Administration are said to be working together
- The construction of shopping malls will have a significant impact on protecting the needs and rights of the society
- Turkey expresses interest in investing in Ethiopia
- Leather factories need special support to be able to produce at full capacity
- Bulbula Integrated Agro-Industrial Park will be operational this year
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is working to solve the problems faced by the private sector
- Ethiopia will be a prosperous and promising country in the next 10 years.
- Agricultural processing industry parks are said to have the full potential to replace imported produce
- If we are to reform trade and industry, we need to work to maintain trade balance
- YirgaAlem Agricultural Processing Industry Park Visited.
- Bure Agro-Industrial Park is said to be leading the country to prosperity.
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry supported the CVD 19 defense equipment
- Regarding working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from industries
- The executive and stakeholders are urged to strengthen their coordination to solve the manufacturing sector problem
- The FDRE Minister of Trade and Industry Melaku Alebel, thanked those who completed the production of Belayneh Kinde edible oil factory in Bure town.
- Regarding the implementation of the chemical registration system
- In order to continue the fight against corruption must be understand the law properly.
- The small and medium-sized manufacturing industry plays an important role in the country's economic development.
- We are working to increase our export earnings