Mr. Melaku Alebel Received African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020
The African Business Leadership Awards is a prestigious recognition event to reward exceptional corporate practices and outstanding achievers in Africa’s business landscape. The 2020 edition especially recognizes business leaders, visionaries, and innovators that continue to shape African economies and drive today’s leading businesses that are making outstanding contributions to Africa’s economic development and post COVID-19 integrated responses and recovery.
The award is in keeping with Africa’s tradition of presenting the sides of the continent’s businesses and leaders, which hardly finds placement on global media platforms, celebrating exemplary business leadership.
Mr. Melaku Alebel, Minister for Ministry of Trade and Industry, F.D.R.E, won the African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020. The award is given in recognition of his exceptional and innovative business leadership success, COVID-19 related business crisis management ability, and restoring a stable business environment in Ethiopia.
This award is provided to Mr. Melaku in response to his capability of directing or steering the ministry successfully in stabilizing the local market and promoting the export market as a driving force to national growth and providing exemplary leadership in Africa’s COVID-19 response to date yet playing a pivotal role in creating stably moving forward business climate..
Source of News: Communication Affairs Directorate, MOTI.
- The second integrated agro-industrial parks (IAIPs) project steering committee meeting held at Elilly Hotel.
- work is underway to increase the contribution of our country's salt production to the country's development
- Women's participation needs to be strengthened to achieve sustainable economic growth
- In the next ten years, it is planned to earn 9 billion US dollars from the trade and manufacturing industry
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is holding a 10-year master plan with the leadership of the Ministry in Debre Berhan
- Mr. Melaku Alebel Received African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia announced that the post-production market can be considered as an opportunity for the manufacturing sector.
- The Ministry held a discussion on export trade
- Covid-19 related PPE has been donated to MOTI.
- Manufacturing industry owners should provide the foreign exchange information they generate after production.
- Work is underway to improve the business system to increase the contribution of the sector in the country’s development.
- Three vanities of beans & pigeon products will be included in the mandatory trading system starting from next September
- Two million quintals of sugar is being imported
- Basic food items are allowed to enter the country duty-free
- It’s planned to earn 3.91 Billion Dollar from Export Trade
- The government's import of palm oil will be partially produced locally from next year
- Price of petroleum products except plane fuel will remain the same.
- Ethiopian Commodity Exchange launches coffee sample display
- Work is underway to address cement shortages
- Netherland leads the Ethiopian export trade