The success of the second round of the Renaissance Dam is not only economic but also humane, as Ethiopia respects the riparian countries' right to use the water.
According to a 2018 World Bank report, "about 70 percent of Ethiopia's population lives without electricity." The purpose of the construction of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam is to provide affordable electricity to more than 60 million Ethiopians in the service, industrial and agricultural sectors, which have been plagued by power shortages. This pace of development will be more successful than the structural meaning of raising the country's energy, which will change the lives of poor Ethiopians. It is also a symbol of the heroism of Ethiopians in the process of building sustainable socio-economic development that will reduce carbon emissions, which the world is striving to achieve. Ethiopia is in line with its green development aspirations.
Therefore, the construction of this dam for Ethiopia is not a matter of choice and luxury, but an answer to the question of whether or not to cross the poverty line with a population of 112 million.
Like the genocide last July, the first round of the second round of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam has been completed successfully and with great Ethiopian heroism. This filling project, like last year, did not compromise Ethiopia's right to use the Nile River, but also respected the rights of the lower countries to use the water. This is a platform and a symbol of justice for Ethiopia, which has repeatedly demonstrated its adherence not only to its right to self-determination but also to the international laws and conventions it has signed.
Ethiopia has repeatedly stated that it believes the dam will bring many benefits to the Horn of Africa region and beyond.
And congratulations Ethiopia !! You are talking about all the riparian countries that are using the dam, not just its own people.
The FDRE Ministry of Trade and Industry also said that all its plans are linked to energy self-sufficiency, adding that the joy of this special day is the greatest and most successful.
Therefore, our Ministry congratulates the desert heroes who are participating in the construction of the dam, the wonderful Ethiopians who have contributed to the construction of the dam, the Ethiopians who have contributed to the success of the project, the foreigners and governments who have worked to respect Ethiopia's development rights.
- The game changer digital appliance furnished with proven utensils to halt hassles, cost, cumbersome bureaucracies:#OTRLS
- The 12th International African Leather and Leather Products Exhibition will be held in Addis Ababa
- Ethiopia has been selected as the host of the 5th Leather and 36th Leather Technology and Chemical International Forum
- The implantation process for green footprint seedlings is ongoing
- In order to increase the participation of our country in the world economy and to be competitive, it is necessary to increase the quality of products and services.
- 89,248.8 tons of soybean and palm oil were supplied to alleviate the shortage of inputs by oil factories.
- Ethiopia is one of the top 100 countries in the World Bank's 159th Ease of Doing Business Improvements.
- The consumer community's demand for domestic products is growing.
- Accuracy has been verified for 1,620,180 measuring instruments to ensure the benefit of the consumer and business community.
- #Oline Business Registration and Licensing Service
- Livestock Market Information
- A total of 3,685.02 metric tons of substandard products were banned from entering the country
- 7,887 provided online business registration and licensing services
- Action was taken against 141 businesses for violating regulations
- Future export earnings
- The agricultural and manufacturing sectors recorded 104% (141 mln) in June and 96% ($ 1.4 billion) in 2021.
- During the 12 months of 2021, the mining sector (102%) recorded the highest performance in terms of plan; Agriculture achieved 90%, industry achieved 67%
- Export revenue for the fiscal year 2021 was 88% of the target and increased by 19.5% compared to the same period of 2021.