The white gold
Sesame is one of the oldest oilseeds known to human being. Since it was first introduced to Ethiopia between 2,000 and 2,500 years ago, sesame has earned and maintained its place as a leading cash crop for the country. Sesame cultivation has always primarily been for export, helping to link the country with its neighbors across the Red Sea and build ties with Mediterranean and Middle East countries.
The country’s distinctive agro-ecologies make it one of the world’s centers of distinct sesame production. The average annual production of sesame is nearly 275,000 metric tons and a total production potential of more than 400,000 metric tons. Ethiopia stands fourth in sesame production and second in sesame export in the world market.
- Agreement reached to increase trade between Ethiopia and Turkey to one billion dollars
- The ministry and the Addis Ababa City Administration are said to be working together
- The construction of shopping malls will have a significant impact on protecting the needs and rights of the society
- Turkey expresses interest in investing in Ethiopia
- Leather factories need special support to be able to produce at full capacity
- Bulbula Integrated Agro-Industrial Park will be operational this year
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is working to solve the problems faced by the private sector
- Ethiopia will be a prosperous and promising country in the next 10 years.
- Agricultural processing industry parks are said to have the full potential to replace imported produce
- If we are to reform trade and industry, we need to work to maintain trade balance
- YirgaAlem Agricultural Processing Industry Park Visited.
- Bure Agro-Industrial Park is said to be leading the country to prosperity.
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry supported the CVD 19 defense equipment
- Regarding working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from industries
- The executive and stakeholders are urged to strengthen their coordination to solve the manufacturing sector problem
- The FDRE Minister of Trade and Industry Melaku Alebel, thanked those who completed the production of Belayneh Kinde edible oil factory in Bure town.
- Regarding the implementation of the chemical registration system
- In order to continue the fight against corruption must be understand the law properly.
- The small and medium-sized manufacturing industry plays an important role in the country's economic development.
- We are working to increase our export earnings