Three vanities of beans & pigeon products will be included in the mandatory trading system starting from next September
In the letter to concerned institutions, the ministry directed speckled, pinto, light brown, kidney bean and pigeon pea products are exported through the mandatory trading system starting from September 1, 2013 E.C at the primary market and Ethiopian commodity exchange.
Due to the increasing demand for cereals in the international market and their role in earning foreign exchange, the letter stated that it is necessary to ensure the fairness of the transaction and to export the products in quantity and quality without being wasted
Following this, the regional and city administrations should prepare the first step of trading centers, make sure that the legal suppliers meet the required standards and implement the necessary preparations to control the illegal trading. Besides Ethiopian commodity exchange should prepare contractual agreements & market infrastructure and also advised to inform the delivery centers.
- The cost of living should be controlled by controlling the supply and distribution of goods
- Staff of the ministry celebrated the 15th Ethiopia nations, nationalities and peoples’ day.
- Ninety-five percent of the ministry’s staff registered their assets
- Free, Fair and neutral organization is vital for every aspect of development
- The white gold
- Consumers and business community should stand with the government to prevent inflation.
- Leaders and staff of the Ministry of Trade and Industry showed their support for the Ethiopian Defense Forces by donating blood.
- 3.5 million masks will be produced and distributed for free to the public
- Trade white pigeon pea only through Ethiopia Commodity Exchange
- The second integrated agro-industrial parks (IAIPs) project steering committee meeting held at Elilly Hotel.
- work is underway to increase the contribution of our country's salt production to the country's development
- Women's participation needs to be strengthened to achieve sustainable economic growth
- In the next ten years, it is planned to earn 9 billion US dollars from the trade and manufacturing industry
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is holding a 10-year master plan with the leadership of the Ministry in Debre Berhan
- Mr. Melaku Alebel Received African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia announced that the post-production market can be considered as an opportunity for the manufacturing sector.
- The Ministry held a discussion on export trade
- Covid-19 related PPE has been donated to MOTI.
- Manufacturing industry owners should provide the foreign exchange information they generate after production.
- Work is underway to improve the business system to increase the contribution of the sector in the country’s development.