Two million quintals of sugar is being imported
The Ministry of Trade and Industry said two million quintals of sugar are being imported to prevent sugar shortage due to the upcoming New Year.
Ministry of Trade and Industry Communication Affairs Director Mr. Wondimu Flate, expose 2 million quintals of sugar has been procured to meet the growing demand for sugar due to the upcoming Ethiopian New Year.
Sugar, a basic food product, is being produced locally and distributed to the public, and is being imported when demand exceeds supply. At this time there is no supply problem as the Ministry of Trade and Industry is working with the Sugar Corporation to stabilize the country's sugar market and provide the society with the required amount of sugar.
Sugar Corporation Head of Supply Monitoring and Warehouse Mr. Desalegn Tesema, on his side, said despite the fact that sugar is entering the country, there is no shortage of sugar for the next two months.
However, because illegal traders and brokers can hide, increase prices and disrupt the market, they can create shortages. The government will monitor the perpetrators and take action and enforce the law, Wondimu added.
- The cost of living should be controlled by controlling the supply and distribution of goods
- Staff of the ministry celebrated the 15th Ethiopia nations, nationalities and peoples’ day.
- Ninety-five percent of the ministry’s staff registered their assets
- Free, Fair and neutral organization is vital for every aspect of development
- The white gold
- Consumers and business community should stand with the government to prevent inflation.
- Leaders and staff of the Ministry of Trade and Industry showed their support for the Ethiopian Defense Forces by donating blood.
- 3.5 million masks will be produced and distributed for free to the public
- Trade white pigeon pea only through Ethiopia Commodity Exchange
- The second integrated agro-industrial parks (IAIPs) project steering committee meeting held at Elilly Hotel.
- work is underway to increase the contribution of our country's salt production to the country's development
- Women's participation needs to be strengthened to achieve sustainable economic growth
- In the next ten years, it is planned to earn 9 billion US dollars from the trade and manufacturing industry
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is holding a 10-year master plan with the leadership of the Ministry in Debre Berhan
- Mr. Melaku Alebel Received African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia announced that the post-production market can be considered as an opportunity for the manufacturing sector.
- The Ministry held a discussion on export trade
- Covid-19 related PPE has been donated to MOTI.
- Manufacturing industry owners should provide the foreign exchange information they generate after production.
- Work is underway to improve the business system to increase the contribution of the sector in the country’s development.