The cost of living should be controlled by controlling the supply and distribution of goods
Minister of Trade and Industry Melaku Alebel says cost of living should be curbed by controlling supply and distribution
During a video conference with the leadership of the Regional Trade and Industry Bureau, he said the work done to stabilize the market alongside the law enforcement campaign is encouraging.
Melaku said there are economic jumps that hide production, create undue market linkages and increase prices.
Melaku Alebel said efforts should be made to strengthen the cost of living by strengthening cooperatives, improving supply and expanding access to information, as well as compensating for the economic disruption caused by the war.
Staff of the ministry celebrated the 15th Ethiopia nations, nationalities and peoples’ day.
On the occasion state minister for ministry of trade and industry Mr. Yohannes Dinkayehu said that the 15th Ethiopia nations, nationalities and peoples’ day is unique in that it is celebrated at the time when the downfall of the fanatic and the junta TPLF.
This occasion is special for the Tigray people because they are liberated from the oppressive Junta system once and forever according to the state minister.
For the bright future and prosperous Ethiopia all citizens will be supposed to play its dominant role the state minister added.
On the occasion, two documents named TPLF’S illegal movement against the constitution and the governments’ action to keep the federal system and the country’s reform for strong federal system were presented and discussed.
Ninety-five percent of the ministry’s staff registered their assets
Ms. Elisabeth Beyene the director of the ministry’s Ethics and anti-corruption directorate said that 95 percent of the ministry’s employees registered their assets following the proclamation to provide for the disclosure and registration assets of the federal ethics and anti-corruption commission.
Currently, the ministry has a total of 756 employees. Among those 723 of them registered their assets of the seven are government officials, she added.
Ms. Elisabeth thanked the higher officials of the ministry for registering their wealth and assets in a short period of time and for setting an example for other employees.
Works are undergoing to finalize the asset registration activities with a short period of time the director added.
Free, Fair and neutral organization is vital for every aspect of development
Ministry of trade and industry announced that building free, fair and neutral organization is mandatory for the country’s reform.
The ministry delivered training for the organizations that are accountable to it on the reform of the country.
Mr Nuredin mohammed said that Economic inflation, unemployment, lack of democracy, lack of common values and weakness of central government on its management style are the great obstacles that prohibit reform of Ethiopia.
The aim of the training is to solve the major impediments of the reform that have political, social and economical impact of the country according to Mr Nuredin.
Existence of free, fair and neutral organization has positive impacts on building peace and security, delivering effective public service, for the development of democratic management and for the respect of individual and group right he added
The white gold
Sesame is one of the oldest oilseeds known to human being. Since it was first introduced to Ethiopia between 2,000 and 2,500 years ago, sesame has earned and maintained its place as a leading cash crop for the country. Sesame cultivation has always primarily been for export, helping to link the country with its neighbors across the Red Sea and build ties with Mediterranean and Middle East countries.
The country’s distinctive agro-ecologies make it one of the world’s centers of distinct sesame production. The average annual production of sesame is nearly 275,000 metric tons and a total production potential of more than 400,000 metric tons. Ethiopia stands fourth in sesame production and second in sesame export in the world market.
- The cost of living should be controlled by controlling the supply and distribution of goods
- Staff of the ministry celebrated the 15th Ethiopia nations, nationalities and peoples’ day.
- Ninety-five percent of the ministry’s staff registered their assets
- Free, Fair and neutral organization is vital for every aspect of development
- The white gold
- Consumers and business community should stand with the government to prevent inflation.
- Leaders and staff of the Ministry of Trade and Industry showed their support for the Ethiopian Defense Forces by donating blood.
- 3.5 million masks will be produced and distributed for free to the public
- Trade white pigeon pea only through Ethiopia Commodity Exchange
- The second integrated agro-industrial parks (IAIPs) project steering committee meeting held at Elilly Hotel.
- work is underway to increase the contribution of our country's salt production to the country's development
- Women's participation needs to be strengthened to achieve sustainable economic growth
- In the next ten years, it is planned to earn 9 billion US dollars from the trade and manufacturing industry
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry is holding a 10-year master plan with the leadership of the Ministry in Debre Berhan
- Mr. Melaku Alebel Received African Business Leadership Awards of the Year 2020
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia announced that the post-production market can be considered as an opportunity for the manufacturing sector.
- The Ministry held a discussion on export trade
- Covid-19 related PPE has been donated to MOTI.
- Manufacturing industry owners should provide the foreign exchange information they generate after production.
- Work is underway to improve the business system to increase the contribution of the sector in the country’s development.