The cost of living should be controlled by controlling the supply and distribution of goods
Minister of Trade and Industry Melaku Alebel says cost of living should be curbed by controlling supply and distribution
During a video conference with the leadership of the Regional Trade and Industry Bureau, he said the work done to stabilize the market alongside the law enforcement campaign is encouraging.
Melaku said there are economic jumps that hide production, create undue market linkages and increase prices.
Melaku Alebel said efforts should be made to strengthen the cost of living by strengthening cooperatives, improving supply and expanding access to information, as well as compensating for the economic disruption caused by the war.
Staff of the ministry celebrated the 15th Ethiopia nations, nationalities and peoples’ day.
On the occasion state minister for ministry of trade and industry Mr. Yohannes Dinkayehu said that the 15th Ethiopia nations, nationalities and peoples’ day is unique in that it is celebrated at the time when the downfall of the fanatic and the junta TPLF.
This occasion is special for the Tigray people because they are liberated from the oppressive Junta system once and forever according to the state minister.
For the bright future and prosperous Ethiopia all citizens will be supposed to play its dominant role the state minister added.
On the occasion, two documents named TPLF’S illegal movement against the constitution and the governments’ action to keep the federal system and the country’s reform for strong federal system were presented and discussed.
Ninety-five percent of the ministry’s staff registered their assets
Ms. Elisabeth Beyene the director of the ministry’s Ethics and anti-corruption directorate said that 95 percent of the ministry’s employees registered their assets following the proclamation to provide for the disclosure and registration assets of the federal ethics and anti-corruption commission.
Currently, the ministry has a total of 756 employees. Among those 723 of them registered their assets of the seven are government officials, she added.
Ms. Elisabeth thanked the higher officials of the ministry for registering their wealth and assets in a short period of time and for setting an example for other employees.
Works are undergoing to finalize the asset registration activities with a short period of time the director added.
Free, Fair and neutral organization is vital for every aspect of development
Ministry of trade and industry announced that building free, fair and neutral organization is mandatory for the country’s reform.
The ministry delivered training for the organizations that are accountable to it on the reform of the country.
Mr Nuredin mohammed said that Economic inflation, unemployment, lack of democracy, lack of common values and weakness of central government on its management style are the great obstacles that prohibit reform of Ethiopia.
The aim of the training is to solve the major impediments of the reform that have political, social and economical impact of the country according to Mr Nuredin.
Existence of free, fair and neutral organization has positive impacts on building peace and security, delivering effective public service, for the development of democratic management and for the respect of individual and group right he added
The white gold
Sesame is one of the oldest oilseeds known to human being. Since it was first introduced to Ethiopia between 2,000 and 2,500 years ago, sesame has earned and maintained its place as a leading cash crop for the country. Sesame cultivation has always primarily been for export, helping to link the country with its neighbors across the Red Sea and build ties with Mediterranean and Middle East countries.
The country’s distinctive agro-ecologies make it one of the world’s centers of distinct sesame production. The average annual production of sesame is nearly 275,000 metric tons and a total production potential of more than 400,000 metric tons. Ethiopia stands fourth in sesame production and second in sesame export in the world market.
- Three vanities of beans & pigeon products will be included in the mandatory trading system starting from next September
- Two million quintals of sugar is being imported
- Basic food items are allowed to enter the country duty-free
- It’s planned to earn 3.91 Billion Dollar from Export Trade
- The government's import of palm oil will be partially produced locally from next year
- Price of petroleum products except plane fuel will remain the same.
- Ethiopian Commodity Exchange launches coffee sample display
- Work is underway to address cement shortages
- Netherland leads the Ethiopian export trade
- MOTI higher official visited tannery factories
- Coffee Arabica begins here
- Ministry of Trade and Industry discussed with the next plan.
- H.E.Melaku Alebel holds second place in African Business Management
- The efforts of all stakeholders are required for the development of the sector
- The projects launched by the Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed (Ph.D.) make to proud to be Ethiopians.
- FDRE Ministry of Trade and Industry graduates 16 women employees
- A memorandum of understanding was signed between the key stakeholders in the sector to ensure coordination and strong organization.
- ቀልጣፍ ዘመናዊና ተደራሽ የንግድ አሰራር መዘርጋት ያስፈልጋል
- ጠንካራ ክትትልና ድጋፍ ያስፈልጋል ተባለ
- መንግስት ለህብረተሰቡ የሚያቀርባቸው መሠረታዊ ሸቀጦችን በተገቢው መንገድ ለህብረተሰቡ ማድረስ እንደሚገባ ተገለፀ፡፡